First an foremost a thank you to Zaynah’s Life for nominating me.
For those of you that don’t know (like myself until I looked it up) a Liebster Award is something akin to a chain letter that bloggers tag other bloggers in to learn a little bit more about them, and also give their readers a chance to see what blogs they follow and go check them out too! This is normally a thing for newer blogs or blogs without very many followers, which I think makes it all the better. Bloggers helping other bloggers is amazing to see, and for me it means a lot that anyone reads the stupidity I write to begin with, so again thank you Zaynah!
Now on to the questions!
1. What is your most fond childhood memory? My step father’s band playing in the back yard of my childhood house, while my mother’s friends jammed along and tall colored candles dripped onto themselves and the ground. I would then entertain myself by breaking the dripped wax off and putting it in the freezer to eventually have my mom melt back down into new candles.
2. Top 5 favourite movies! God, I hate questions like this. I hate choosing. In no particular order… Clockwork Orange, Pulp Fiction, Devils Rejects/House of 1000 Corpses (I know I cheated), Goodfellas, Alive Inside.
3. Have you ever dyed your hair? If not, would you? I haven’t had my natural hair color since I was 12-13. With my first bit of allowance I bought a bleach kit and manic panic “fishbowl green” dye and looked like an anime character for a few weeks (the uniform school I was attending in Alabama at the time threatened to suspend me if I didn’t dye it back to a natural color, and I didn’t really give a shit so I caved) Then its been brown, black, dark blue, dark red, almost pink, but mostly blonde.
4. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? I was a daydreamer. In my spare time I was always up a tree, or reading a book, or listening to music. I didn’t have any “adult” type dreams or aspirations. More like “I wonder if mom will take me to the pool tomorrow” or “I bet school next year will be fun”. I was, what I would call, a hippie nerd. I loved school and had to have my 8 hours before class, especially if there was test the next day. If not I got mad at my parents for keeping me out too late. But since I was smart homework was done quickly and then I was back outside staring at the clouds or looking for rolly-polleys.
5. What is the most precious item you own? I don’t own either of the things I automatically think of anymore. The one that I will talk about is a necklace my grandfather on my dad’s side gave to me shortly after I got to meet him around my 16th birthday. It was expensive, and I don’t know how he afforded it, but most of all it came with a letter, which was thrown away as well, that I remember was so well worded and so full of love for me even though he didn’t know me, and sadness for not being in my life sooner. He died shortly after I received it, and I was told my letter back to him made him the happiest anyone close to him had seen in years. So although I don’t have the necklace anymore, I’ll always know I made his last days better.
6. Do you have a favourite book or author? Yay a lighter topic lol. I was a huuuuge fan of Ender’s Game! Totally sucked into it. And I was handed down Stephen King, Anne Rice, and John Grisham novels from my mommy so they have a special place in my heart too.
7. Bit of a weird one but do you think aliens exist? The universe is so big that anyone that thinks we are the only intelligent life form in it is ignorant and needs to read more.
8. Which subject do/did you enjoy studying most? I enjoyed English until I decided to take the AP version in high school haha. Other than that I liked French (even though I don’t remember any of it, and I took 4 years of it), and Science.
9.Which city would you most like to visit? Every single one of them! But if I had to pick, Freiburg, Germany since my mother’s family is originally from that area.
10. Have you got a signature recipe? No, and I don’t know if I ever will. I like to change it up, and I don’t consider myself a master of any dish or cuisine.
11. Who is the person you admire most? God, getting deep again. I’m going to have to be unoriginal and say my Mother. I know more about her and her life than I do any one else’s so I feel like I truly know what she’s been though, and fuck was it a lot. We haven’t always been close, and had long stretches of time where we didn’t speak, but she has been through shit and come out on top. She is a survivor and no matter what knows she can count on herself and her ability to overcome to get her though anything. She may be crazy, but she’s my crazy. Love yah mom.
Alrighty, now my turn to ask some questions.
What artist or song sums up your childhood?
What is your most embarrassing moment?
What country is on your bucket list to visit?
What is the best advice you’ve ever received?
Favorite book that you think everyone should read?
Bill Nye the Science Guy or Neil DeGrasse Tyson?
What would your life motto be and why?
Do you snooze your alarms or immediately get up?
Favorite Disney movie?
Candles or Air Freshener?
If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you would spend the money on?
I would like everyone that wants to answer them to do so in the comments too!